Yoga Teacher Training
2021 Dates to be Announced!
About Our Training
Our 500-Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training is held in two 2-week intensives, including home study between sessions. It has a strong emphasis on Yoga therapy, an emerging branch of complementary, integrative medicine which draws upon the ancient, holistic wisdom of Yoga to promote optimal health and well being.
This training combines comprehensive curriculum and leading experts in the field of Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda, providing our students with a dynamic learning experience. We offer a strong emphasis in spirituality throughout our training giving our students a deeper approach to healing and wellness.
Our Advanced Yoga Teacher Training instructors come from different backgrounds providing a rich depth and breadth of yogic and Ayurvedic knowledge. Learning diagnostic and therapeutic techniques for the treatment of a variety of common conditions, our trainees gain the skills and knowledge to effectively work one-on-one with individuals, and to create specialized group yoga classes to serve specific populations (ie weight management, stress management, specific structural issues, ect).
This training is offered to yoga teachers, as well as complementary and allopathic healthcare practitioners, enabling them to provide integrative approaches to their clients' and patients' health and wellness needs.
Ananda Yoga Guru Kula is a registered school of Yoga Alliance (YA) and a charter school of the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). For qualified students, this training can be applied toward our 800-hour Yoga Therapy training.
Areas of Study
- Yogic philosophy and psychology
- Applied Ayurveda for the Yoga Therapist
- Yogic Tools and the individualized prescription of asanas and yogic practices
- Physiology of common disease conditions
- Anatomy and Structural Yoga – postural assessment, diagnosis and adjustment
- Yoga Therapy for a variety of common conditions – cancer, diabetes, asthma, heart disease and more
- Yoga Therapy methods for managing and healing a variety of psychological conditions – depression, anxiety, grief, Bi Polar disorder, spiritual emergence and more.
- Yoga Nidra practices for PTSD, stress and and pain management
- Vedic Prayers and other Mantras for healing
- Meditation practices
Students who successfully complete the 500-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher training will receive a certificate from Ananda Yoga Guru Kula. Those with a Yoga Alliance (YA) registered 200-hour Yoga Teacher certification can combine it with this 300-hour certificate and apply to YA as a 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT500).
For more information or to register contact:
(707) 722-7382 or email@example.com
RESERVE YOUR SPACE NOW!!